National desk: Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off India’s first RapidX train ‘Namo Bharat’ which will run between Sahibabad and Duhai. Along with this PM inaugurated the priority section of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor.
RapidX is first of its kind semi high-speed train that will run at a speed of 160 kilometers per hour. The RRTS corridor inaugurated on Friday will cover a distance of 17 kilometers connecting Sahibabad to ‘Duhai Depot’ with stations at Ghaziabad, Guldhar and Duhai on the way.
Here are some interesting facts about RapidX ‘Namo Bharat’:
- This semi high speed train will run at a speed of 160 kilometers per hour
- Only a short stretch is inaugurated by PM currently. In coming time, it will be expanded. This 82 kilometer long project is expected to be completed by June 2025. The project was started in 2019. This rapid rail project has been named RapidX by RTS.
- After the construction of the entire route between Delhi and Meerut, there is a preparation to run a total of 30 rapid trains. The government has identified eight such lines which will be developed under the RRTS project.
- Passengers will also be able to buy tickets through mobile and card. The fare is very nominal and it will be around Rs 2 per km.
- The seats of this train have been made very comfortable. There are adjustable chairs in the train. Along with this, special arrangements have also been made for standing passengers. The train will also have WiFi facility and mobile-USB charger.
- A stretcher has been arranged in the last compartment of the rail coach. If a patient is referred from Meerut to Delhi, then a separate coach is arranged for this, so that the patient can be transported at a lower cost. Separate seats have been prepared for the disabled, which can be folded when not in use.