Chandigarh: Fire broke out around 9 am here at Advance Eye Centre of PGI Chandigarh. Fire was reported in the basement of PGI eye Centre which has been built with modern technology. The fire mishap which is second incident of fire in span of seven days is raising questions at the hospital administration.
The fire broke out in the basement of Advance Eye Centre at 9 am. The reason behind the unfortunate fire mishap is reported to be short-circuit. Fire tenders reached the spot timely and efforts were made to contain the fire. Patients were rescued and shifted timely to safer areas. No causalities have been reported so far.
Just 6 days back, fire broke out in Nehru Hospital of PGI and now fire incident in eye Centre is raising questions on the administration. Committee was formed to investigate the matter.
More details are awaited.